We're Hiring! Part-time LAA Position
We're looking to hire a legal administrative assistant (LAA) with litigation experience to join our team. The position is part-time with remote work (from home).
We are open to discussing various flexible arrangements, provided client needs are met within an agreed-upon schedule. We are seeking an 8 to 10 hour/week commitment spread across the week, including the monitoring of emails periodically during the day.
· court registry filings (especially electronic), particularly in the BC Supreme Court
· familiarity with the BC Supreme Court Rules and administrative tribunal processes (e.g. Environmental Appeal Board)
· conducting Land Title and Contaminated Sites registry searches
· drafting letters (ie. to opposing counsel and clients) and preparing basic pleadings
· summarizing and tracking regulatory documents (e.g. warning letters)
· tracking regulatory and litigation deadlines
· client onboarding (i.e. preparing retainer and gathering client ID information)
· issuing monthly invoices to clients
· maintaining and organizing client files (in electronic form)
· using Microsoft suite software (including MO365 document storage), Adobe Acrobat, and billing and litigation software (Ricoh, etc.)
· other responsibilities as they may arise, including areas/skills that the LAA is interested in developing.
You may be a good fit if you:
· have prior experience as a litigation-focused LAA
· are an excellent communicator and problem-solver
· enjoy working on teams, but also can work independently without significant supervision
· regularly take initiative and have a strong attention to detail (organized and meticulous)
· strive for excellence in your work
· have an interest in further developing relevant LAA skills and working at a boutique firm
· possesses a desire for a flexible work environment in a small law firm.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV to Jana McLean via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The position will be posted until it is filled, and applications will be considered as they are received.